It seems to be a common experience that family history consultants in districts switching to New FamilySearch (FNS) are informed of the existence of a training DVD, but never receive it or find it.
This post is representative:
If you find yourself in this predicament, there are a couple of ways to access the contents of the DVD online. According to Alan Jones, the DVD has the following on it:
About three weeks ago, the FH consultants in our ward received an email announcing that our temple would begin nfs in September. The memo stated that we would receive a training [DVD] via our bishop or HPGL. We have yet to receive such a [DVD] and no one seems to know anything about it. Can those on the list who have been through this beginning procedure tell me how they obtained the [DVD] and what kind of training was on it?
Thx Gay Davis
Benefits of New Temple and Family History Process
Overview with Elder Jensen
Questions and Answers
New FamilySearch and Temple and Name Submission Process
Questions and Answers with Elder Marlin K. Jensen
Benefits of the New Temple and Family History Process
To access these items on the Internet, follow these steps, suggested by Christine Meagher:
- Sign onto http://new.familysearch.org
- Then click on Help Center.
- Near the top of the page, click on the rightmost tab named Training & Resources. (This tab is only available to registered family history consultants and priesthood leaders.)
- Under General Training, click on New FamilySearch Rollout Packets. The 3 PDF files mentioned above are listed at the bottom of the window.
- To access the 3 videos listed above, click on New FamilySearch and Temple Name Submission Process Video, either in this window or in the previous window.