- Stability—keep the website the same; don’t keep changing it.
- Return search results in the same century specified.
- Bring back Old Search on the Ancestry.com Library Edition.
- NEVER get rid of old search.
- I’d like to be able to download search results.
- Fix others’ bad trees.
- Fix automatic-logout.
- The ability to split a tree on Ancestry
- Exact search: It would be nice if it was.
- Put a big red X on bad trees
- Computer won’t upload a tree until you’ve documented it.
- On Ancestry.com it would be nice to be able to go back to where you were after you’ve followed a set of links.
- For Old Search: visual indications that you’ve already looked at certain lists or parts of it
- Ancestry—record only once
- Shakey leaves: documentation problems, temporary tree
- FamilySearch: get to the catalog with one-click
We also did more long-term wish list. Here are just a few of those:
- Map pop-up with surrounding counties
- Ancestry.com do a Family Tree—Wikipedia model
- Tag cloud of FamilySearch Pod
- Map s as existed at time of event
- Citations written out the way they should be—in the various programs
- Film numbers and lists of all family history centers and libraries where they are at
There was lots more. It was impossible to capture it all.
What about you? Do you have a fix you’d like to see in the next year or a feature you’d like to see in the next five? Leave a comment at http://AncestryInsider.blogspot.com.