Last year I intended to do stupendously rich articles about Ancestry.com Bloggers Day presentations. Since I never got around to it, this year you’re getting my stupidously poor notes.
Eric Shoup gave the presentation on Ancestry.com products.
- 2009 new product features:
- Member connect
- Enhanced image page
- Message center
- New person page
- New design for collection home pages
- Showed an example
- Displaced an advertisement to bring the browse interface to the top-right of the page.
- Added a section of related DBs
- Added color-information about collections
- Lifespan filter
- FTM 2010
- Customer input obtained from:
- Message boards, blogs
- Member services contacts
- Usability tests
- Focus groups
- Follow-me home visits
- 1.25 billion people in member trees
Is it my imagination, or have my notes gotten lighter as we tired throughout the day? Next time: Tony Macklin talks about search.
Eric Shoup is the vice president of product for Ancestry.com. Prior to Ancestry.com he spent five years at eBay in senior product and general management roles. Prior to eBay, Eric’s product experience included online groceries in Hong Kong, and Lexus.com.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.