Ancestry.com issued the following statement this morning:
Over the past year, we have been conducting extensive research and testing to gather user feedback on our existing Ancestry website and to identify critical pain points. As a result, we have been working on a groundbreaking initiative to evolve the Ancestry website to meet the needs of our users. We will introduce a new and improved Ancestry experience that makes it easier for anyone to discover and tell the rich, unique story of their family.
The improved Ancestry website includes:
- A new LifeStory view to transform your ancestors’ facts and events into engaging, unique stories
- A new, intuitive, modern look to streamline your work flows and make your family story the focus
- Historical Insights to discover significant historical events that your ancestors may have experienced
- A new Facts View to make it easier to validate facts with sources, and edit and review facts contextually
- A new Media Gallery where you can consolidate all your media in one place
We will be showcasing the Ancestry beta at RootsTech, Feb. 12-14. Visitors to the Ancestry booth will be able to opt in to participate in the beta.
For those not at RootsTech who would like to be invited to the beta, visit this link to request to be on the waitlist:
We will be inviting new participants off the waitlist to join the beta over the next few months.
I’ll have more to say about this next week, when I have a weekend to write up a column.