1940 Census 4:00pm EDT Status Report.
I’ve updated my 1940 Census button shown to the right. FamilySearch leads in states loaded by one. Ancestry.com holds the lead for total states and territories. NARA/Archives.com is still mostly crashed. FindMyPast doesn’t intend to post images today. MyHeritage does intend to do so.
- Ancestry.com – Commenters have pointed out that just because Ancestry.com includes a state in the interface dropdown, it doesn’t mean that all the images are present. Images available for four states (and these territories): American Samoa, Delaware, District of Columbia, Guam, Indiana, Maine, Nevada, Panama Canal, Virgin Islands. Image load is in progress for California, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia.
- FamilySearch.org – FamilySearch has finished loading the five states they pre-announced: Colorado, Delaware, Kansas, Oregon, Virginia.
- Indexing.FamilySearch.org – No indexing projects. None are projected until 10 MDT this evening.
- 1940census.archives.gov – Basically “crashed” because of large demand. Displays text only. Couldn’t get images to display.
- FindMyPast.com – A spokesperson for Find My Past says they will start posting images in a couple of days and have all of them up in the next two weeks.
- Archives.com – Couldn’t find any 1940 data on their site, but does have a link to the NARA site, which they host.
- MyHeritage.com – Couldn’t find any 1940 data.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.